St. Patty’s Day Ride

When your bike coach is also your math teacher, you’re going to get some extra math lessons. Yesterday called for a 30% chance of rain, which Ms. Higgins viewed as a 70% chance of awesome, so our Sunday bike ride went forward. Great call on her part, as the weather held out for almost the whole ride, only sprinkling us a bit on the way back. From where? The St. Patrick’s day parade in Philadelphia, where as the picture shows, we’re all a little Irish around this time of year! These Urban Promise Academy students pedaled for 22 miles, enjoyed some delicious pizza, then headed back over the Ben Franklin Bridge to return to home base. That bridge sure felt steeper on the way back, but that could just be weight of the pizza! A special shout-out goes to Derjanai who was on spring break from college and returned for a ride with her old schoolmates and coaches. Welcome home Ne’ne’!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s